VACANCY: Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer
02 March 2019
Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Salary NJC Salary Point hourly rate of between £10.16 (point 7) and £11.22 (point 12) dependent upon qualifications and experience with appropriate expenses paid for administration costs and travel.
Hours of work – 9.5 hours per week which includes one evening Council meeting bi-monthly and additional meetings when required.
The Parish Council is seeking to appoint a new Clerk who can manage the Council’s statutory obligations, organise and record the Council’s activities, assist the Parish Councillors and promote the interests of the Parish. The Clerk is not required to live in the Parish but will need to attend the meetings held in the Parish and the Clerk may also be required to represent the Parish Council at local authority and partner meetings. Working from home, the Clerk will need space for the normal office based equipment including a laptop, printer, office sundries and some document storage.
The successful candidate will need:
• To be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and have a flexible attitude.
• Strong organisational, financial management and administrative skills.
• Ideally, a basic knowledge of the workings of Local Government. A Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) would be desirable but not essential.
• To be able to deal with a wide range of situations and demands.
• Excellent office skills including experience with word-processing and spreadsheet applications such as MS Word and Excel, as well as confidence using e-mail and the internet.
Completed CV’s will require details of two references, one of whom should ideally be a past or present employer.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 22nd MARCH 2019
(Interviews will be held during the week commencing 1st April 2019)
It is envisaged to have the new clerk in post by 15th May. The existing clerk will be available to assist with the transition until 31st May. For further background information please contact the Clerk, Joanna van Tonder at email@example.com or 07586437769.
JOB DESCRIPTION: documents/other-docs/bgpc-job-description~-clerk-and-rfo.pdf